Boho- hippie Style and Concept

The boho style is free, dreamy and whimsical. "Bohemian" was originally a term with pejorative undertones given to Roma gypsies, commonly believed by the French to have originated in Bohemia, in central Europe but over time the connotations of Bohemian have become romantic and idyllic.

I love the playful style of these images and think it is an interesting starting point towards my final timed assessment look.






The Hippie Dream

"To get back in touch with that part of ourselves that we lost. That innocence about the world, that hope for a future full of wonders. We want to reclaim our right to a healthy life and a healthy planet. We are all infected to some degree with disease that requires us to consume way more than we need to survive. If all this greed had some noble purpose, perhaps it could be justified, but unfortunately it has become an end unto itself!"

 Paganism is something that I find interesting. Paganism is essentially a way of showing respect for the natural paradise we have on earth. To second guess nature, and to manipulate her for personal gain is likely to have unexpected consequences which will backfire in the long term. This is great concept for my final timed assessment images. I love that every illamasqua collection has a concept behind the images and so this is something I've sought to do for my assessment.