After looking at Marilyn's make-up, it inspired me to practise it on myself. I decided to focus on the iconic red lip, and although I know its not perfect, I do think the results were effective and show a similarity to Monroe's gorgeous lips.
These were the products that I used. To start I outlined the lips using a Mac's red lip pencil. The outline was slightly larger than the natural line of my lips in order to create the fullness that Marilyn was famous for.
Then I went on to fill the lips in, taking into consideration the tip from Lisa Eldridges tutorial of keeping the shading lighter in the middle and darker on the outsides.
Here were the results...
I finished off with a little white powder in the middle of the lower lip to add an extra dimension, and finally added lots of gloss for the perfect Monroe finish.
When it comes to creating my final lip look I would like to create the fullness that Marilyn had although perhaps experiment with different colours.